The moment you get to cross paths with your twin flame is the moment your soul comes to full life. It feels like looking into the mirror and seeing a perfect reflection of yourself.
The meeting of two mirror souls can be likened to an existential earthquake: you can all of a sudden sense and feel the energy that someone special has come into your life. Everything about your life feels anew. You just know that with this person, your life is never going to be the same again.
The most conflicting feeling when you meet your twin flame is, you hardly have any idea where all this sudden positive attitude comes from — yet you intuitively know that the changes in your life will be great, greater than what you’ve ever experienced, and breathtaking in their magnitude.
For a few of us who have been fortunate enough to have met our twin flame at a point in life, the fiery, intense and transformative process of meeting our soul’s mirror seems less magical.
Perhaps, it is a thing of high privilege getting to meet and connect with your twin flame in a lifetime. However, we seldom receive this gift openly, nor do we even recognize our twin flame on a conscious level. It is possible that you may have crossed paths with your twin flame, but at a point in your lives where you are simply not receptive enough to both yourselves, and your twin flame’s presence. This may be due to overwork, stress, harsh life experiences, lifestyle habits and negative thought patterns that lead to low self-esteem.
For this reason, it is important to identify some of the signs you may experience if you cross paths with your twin flame. You must note however, the appearance of our mirror soul still remains a mystery not fully understood.
First, Let’s understand the concept of Twin Flame
In a lay man’s terms, a twin flame, or twin soul, is a person who you are destined to feel deeply connected to on a physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual level.
Your twin flame can be your sibling, friend, lover, and teacher.
A Twin flame stands as a catalyst to our spiritual growth and the mirror of your deepest desires, needs, and fears.
When you look at your twin flame, it feels like seeing a perfect reflection of your inner shadows, your deepest beauty, and greatest strengths.
You will connect more deeply and easily with your Twin flame emotionally, psychologically, and spiritually than with any other soul.
Is your Twin flame the same as your Mirror Soul?
Yes, the Twin Flame can also be referred to as Mirror Souls because they essentially reflect the deepest needs, desires, dreams and shadow elements of our souls.
Your Twin flame may or may not be a romantic partner.
Many love spiritualists have suggested that a twin flame only limits to romantic and heterosexual connections. It is also true that in most cases, twin flames are romantic in nature. However, the fact is, your twin flame can be anyone; a romantic partner of the same sex, a family member or a platonic friend. They tend to manifest themselves as people who we can passionately connect with on all levels.
Again, it has been suggested countless times that once twin flames cross paths, they bond instantly and stay together for life. This also might not be the case as connecting deeply with another person is not a guarantee that you will stay with them forever. This depends largely on your level and extent of conscious development relative to your twin flames’.
Another bone of contention is the suggestion that each person has only one twin flame in a lifetime. This belief surprisingly stems from an ancient Greek mythology on the origins of the concept of “twin flames”. This myth indicated that in the beginning, all humans had two faces, four arms, and four legs. And humans were once so powerful that they threatened to overpower the gods, so the mythic god Zeus split them in half dooming us to search for our other half for eternity. In essence, we are all in pairs, and when we eventually find our other half, that’s when we become whole again. I personally think that we may have more than just one twin flame.
Finally, it is common for us to get really excited about getting to meet our “twin flame.”– forgetting the fact that it never happens on our conscious level. This excitement may bring about a romanticized projection of our idealized image into another person who may differ greatly from our expectations. Most times, these people may not welcome or return our feelings and we end up needy or heartbroken. This can over time result in low self-esteem and lack of self-love which drives us to strive to find a kind of needy acceptance outside of who we really are.
Stop creating a mental perfect romantic image of your twin flame. As much as you are not perfect, so also is your twin flame.
Signs you see and experience when you meet your Twin Flame
Your twin flame could be the guy or lady next door. He or she could be your Facebook or Instagram pal or even your ex-friend. You may have been walking past your twin flame without even knowing it. We are not always receptive to the appearance of our twin flames in life. Sometimes they come into our lives at the most awkward times and we hardly ever get to know their true personality. It may be in our time of grief or a time our hearts are overburdened. In the other way, they too may be going through some real-life struggles and may never get to know that you have so much in common.
No matter what you may be going through emotionally or psychologically, try as much as possible to be conscious of the people around you and those you come in contact with. Watch out for these signs when you interact with people, they might just be the person you really want to be with.
1. You feel so at home and comfortable talking all day with this person. Three hours may seem like 30 minutes. You never lack what to say, it just keeps coming.
2. You’ve just met, yet you feel like you’ve known this person before. There is this strange inexplicable sense of recognition that comes to your mind and you just wanna be friends with them.
3. You have this feeling that they will play an important role in your personal development, yet you do not know when, why or how.
4. Few moments after you have met, you have already established an intense and invigorating connection with them.
5. You feel safe emotionally and psychologically as though you’ve finally found a “home” when with the other person.
6. You are a hundred percent yourself when with them – you neither fear rejection, persecution or judgment with them.
7. You may not be perfectly similar but you seem so balanced by each other. In other words, you are perfect opposites of each other.
8. They make you a better person, and you make them a better person.
9. When together you feel bonded but free, attached but unattached. You lead separate lives but there is that point you always coalesce together.
10. They naturally motivate you.
11. When you are with them, you feel larger than the person you know yourself to be. Your capacity is enhanced and expanded.
12. You are finely tuned to each others energy. They are very conscious of the present play of energy. They are happy when you are happy. Sad when you are sad. Angry then forgiving. You’re both therefore highly empathic with each other.
13. Meeting your twin flame feels as though you have been waiting for them your entire life.
14. You both connect deeply beyond surface interaction and mirror each other’s values and aspirations for life.
15. You are truthful with each other about anything.
16. Circumstances may try to keep you apart, but no matter how many times you get separated, you are always coming back together.
17. You connect on a whole lot of different levels. Your twin flame can be your friend, lover, teacher, and confidant all at the same time.
18. Your twin flame never criticizes or tries to change you. They love and accept you for who you are and always encourage you to do the same for yourself.
19. Your energies subconsciously coalesce together and drive towards a higher purpose, whether spiritually, socially or ecologically.
20. Your twin flame is that person you have always suppressed within you. He is a mirror of what you fear and at the same time desire.
Your twin flame can be your boyfriend, girlfriend, brother, sister, colleague, parent or partner. You may cross paths at the best opportune times or the worst complicated times when you weren’t ready. Most people will never cross paths with their twin flame in their lifetime. Quite a few will, but wouldn’t get past that artificial fence they have built around them and connect on a more intimate level. Whether our twin flames arise in our lifetime or not, they are nevertheless always with us in our hearts.
However the case, twin flame or no twin flame, it is very possible to be whole if you work on your soul. You must understand that a twin flame doesn’t complete you. You are already whole. But they compliment you and help you unveil your exact true nature which in turn helps you grow.